Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Bandwidth usage for sub interface

Nassimbarbar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are facing problem in retrieving the network bandwidth usage when using sub-interface , kindly check below:

• The command ‘sh int GigaEthernet0/0/0 | inc Rate’ is working properly with main-interface and returning the last five minutes for max upload and download bandwidth
  • The command ‘sh int GigaEthernet0/0/0.3466 | inc Rate’ is returning nothing on the sub-interface which is configured and used.

Please we need your help in this issue to know if there is another command to use when there is sub-interface.

Thank You,

Nassim

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may also try :  show controllers ethernet-controller gi0/0/0 | inc rate to display the rate statistics for the main interface and all of its sub-interfaces (if available) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello, We tried above command on the router but it failed as the controllers are not configured. Can u please provide us with another solution, Kindly check attached.

Thank you, 

Nassim 

There is no separated counters for subinterfaces. If you type "show interface summary" will face up with "no separeted counters are stored by subinterfaces" (something like that :))