cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Peeps Who Also Touch vCenter - Prime Infrastructure VM Disk I/O, Other Utilization

Nickolus Looper
Level 1
Level 1

I realize that in many shops, the network folks don't have much visibility into the administration of the PI VM utilization, but for those who do...

Published specs aside, what sort of disk I/O / CPU / memory utilization do you see in real life?

The graph below shows a PI 2.2 VM from when the setup script was first started for about the next hour.

How does this compare to what you guys get?

2 Replies 2

that looks normal and I'm sure this is similar to what I saw in the past.I assume your setup should have been completed by now being its 10hrs,what kind of disk you are running it off?I see a huge difference in our lab boxes where we have 7k disks and in production box with 10k disks but I still think still not good enough

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

Now the initial setup is complete and we will continue Monday with the restore of the PI 2.1 database.  I wonder if perhaps the initial setup scripts didn't fully tax the VM.  I was looking at our PI 2.1 VM (in a completely different data center), and its max disk read/write rate was ~500,000 KBps/sec - an order of magnitude greater.  If this new VM's i/o rates don't increase during normal production use, we may have an issue and will have to enlist our storage team for help - will know soon enough!