cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network View

mathiasivn
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco works LMS 2.5.1 how to import Network View to all the users in the local database?

I have customised network view for admin account

But the same view I am not able to get to any of the users and I don?t want to do that for every user.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's not really a way to do this via the GUI, but there is a way this can be accomplished.

The topology maps are XML files located in the folders of each user under the

CSCOpx\campus\etc\users\ directory. Each folder also has a user.preferences file. Go

into the users folder that has the master copy of the diagram, copy the .XML file, and

paste it in each users directory. Then copy and paste the original user.preferences file

to each users directory. Users should not be logged in when you do this.

Once the user has the map, they can make changes on their own, which will be saved. In

addition, changed made to the original map are NOT propagated to the other users. You may therefore wish to create a batch file to copy the .XML file every night to the other

users, so that if changes are made to the original map, they get propagated to the other users the next day.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's not really a way to do this via the GUI, but there is a way this can be accomplished.

The topology maps are XML files located in the folders of each user under the

CSCOpx\campus\etc\users\ directory. Each folder also has a user.preferences file. Go

into the users folder that has the master copy of the diagram, copy the .XML file, and

paste it in each users directory. Then copy and paste the original user.preferences file

to each users directory. Users should not be logged in when you do this.

Once the user has the map, they can make changes on their own, which will be saved. In

addition, changed made to the original map are NOT propagated to the other users. You may therefore wish to create a batch file to copy the .XML file every night to the other

users, so that if changes are made to the original map, they get propagated to the other users the next day.

Cheers Mate !!!