cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7010 SUP OID

normanzhang
Level 1
Level 1

I like to monitored the status of both Nexus 7010 Supervisor Modules with my NMS (e.g., active, stand-by or failed...) Does anyone the OID that I should be monitoring?

3 Replies 3

Derek Clothier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Norman,

The MIB that contains the information you are after re Nexus 7000 Supervisor card status, is the CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB. In particular the object cefcModuleOperStatus (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.117.1.2.1.1.2) which belongs to cefcModuleTable. If you go to Cisco's SNMP Object Navigator at http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en , you'll be able to look up the list of values returned by cefcModuleOperStatus for the different statuses, plus you'll be able to see other objects in cefcModuleTable that may be of interest eg cefcModuleResetReason .

Entries in cefcModuleTable are indexed by entPhysicalIndex which comes from entPhysicalTable.  In order to relate entries in cefcModuleTable to modules in your Nexus 7kdo the following :

1.     Perform an snmpwalk of entPhysicalDescr (.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.2) and entPhysicalName (.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.7)

2.     Perform an snmpwalk of cefcModuleOperStatus

The relationship should be apparent , but if you need help with this please send me the output from these snmpwalks and I'll explain it to you.

Regards

Derek Clothier

Hi Norman,

Some further information for future reference.  To look up which MIB's are supported on the N7k :

1. Go the the following URL - http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/MIBS/servlet/index

2. Select "MIB's supported by non IOS Products"

3. Under 'DataCentre Switching' select 'Nexus 700'

Regards

Derek Clothier

Hi Derek,

Thanks. Took me a while to understand all those.

entPhysicalName - Label entPhysicalName cefcModuleOperStatus
Supervisor module-1XSupervisor module-1Xok
Supervisor module-1XSupervisor module-1Xok
SupSlot-5SupSlot-5
SupSlot-6SupSlot-6

Do I still need to poll entPhysicalDescr (.1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.2)?

Regards,

Norman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: