Views
Helpful
Replies

No communication between networks

ade184
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I'm trying to implement an autonomous system using packet tracer. 

network.png

I've already configured the routers and some devices manage to ping the gateways of other networks, but not the devices inside of them. My problem is that there's no communication between networks and also, for some reason, the web server does not work. The computers in the network can't access the domain even though I've added the Web Server to the DNS.

I've uploaded the file for reference. Any help on the subject will be appreciated. Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Hi

Basially your network is working. You forgot to create DHCP escope for Net_5 on RA but all others host seems ok.

One weird problem I noticed is that your Servers (192.168.5.34, 35 and 36) does not respond on the network. But it is their problem. not network problem. On the file attached, I added one more server (192.168.5.39) and it is communicating just fine.

I think this can be probably a bug but from the configuration perspective, all seems good.

If you find any specific problem on the file I am sending you, just let me know.

Hello,

there was a typo in the statically configured IP address of the gateway set for the web server (195.x.x.x instead of 192.x.x.x), once you fix that, the web server is reachable.

I revised the file and took out all redundant OSPF routes, there also was a duplicate IP address on the C router. I also added the 'spanning-tree portfast' command to all access ports (which speeds up the acquisition of an IP address, and which is recommended for access ports with PCs attached).

The file is saved in PT version 8.1.1, make sure you have that installed.

Hi there,

I have been facing the same issue with me, I want to add some file of my website embroik on network they directly communicate with network but could not do this.

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file. The issue in this post is simply a misconfigured default gateway on the web server, yours is likely different...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card