Views
Helpful
Replies

NXOS process for reverting running-config to archive after idle timer

vv0bbLeS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

On Cisco IOS, the archive command and rollback procedure seem well documented and straight-forward, and I can even set an idle timer such that after a specified amount of time, the config will revert to my last archive-config that was taken. Very convenient safety-net for sure!

However on the NXOS side, I can create config archive files, but I can't figure out how to set an idle timer to have the config rollback to my archive file. What I'm wanting to accomplish on an NXOS box is to take an archive config (i.e. a copy of the current running-config), then set an idle timer such that if I'm idle for that amount of time (i.e. some change I made caused me to lose connection to my NXOS box), the NXOS box will revert the running-configuration back to my last archive config that I took, which should restore my connection (basically a fail-safe in case I lose connection, so instead of having to reboot the NXOS box to restore my last good config, the config will just auto-revert back to my archive-config file).

I've tried to Google this but I'm getting lost in the articles about NXOS Checkpoints and NXOS Rollbacks, and was hoping someone could give me a clear-cut process for this? Thanks!

0xD2A6762E
0 Replies 0