Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer - DHCP config on PC is not saving

WMasla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with assigning IPv4 address to the PC's interface using DHCP server in Packet Tracer. Whenever I save the progress and load the project again, the interface goes back to static IP configuration. Only when I open that PC and go to Config or Desktop > IP Configuration, it switches back to DHCP.

Is this normal? Is there a way to make it so that IP Configuration gets automatically set to DHCP whenever I load the file?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

It is not normal. What happen frequently is the PC do not get IP address being in DHCP. Either it take time to get or require a release renew. But, return to static is not normal because that would be a configuration change.

If it happen all the time, in any Project of yours, Id recommend to unistall and reinstall the PT. Might be some bug.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

It is not normal. What happen frequently is the PC do not get IP address being in DHCP. Either it take time to get or require a release renew. But, return to static is not normal because that would be a configuration change.

If it happen all the time, in any Project of yours, Id recommend to unistall and reinstall the PT. Might be some bug.

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

What type of PT file is this (pka/pkt/etc.)? Please provide a zipped copy of the file you are working with.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card