cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PacketTracer 7.0 on Fedora 33, is it possible?

lehnerbela78284
Level 1
Level 1

My favorite Linux distribution is Fedora so I wanted to use my Fedora 33 to run some version of Packet Tracer, wich was at the end a total disappointment. As far as I know it doesn't run on earlier versions of Fedora either, wich is a fairly impossible situation in the 21th century.

has someone managed to make PacketTracer run on any Fedora systems, or is it not possible and I have to use Win10 or Ubuntu? Has someone a solution or is Cisco trying hard to give a useful product for Linux users, that actually works on the most popular distributions?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.netacad.com/courses/packet-tracer/faq#7

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Well, I have installed an Ubuntu 18.4 LTS into an Oracle Virtual Box machine, but I am still disappointed. The newly installed Ubuntu needed some libraries to install, because the PT did not start. The only thing happened was the the terminal message "Packet Tracer starting..." and then it exited. After the installation of the other libraries it started, but after the login it freeze and exited at once. That's all I could accomplish now I giving up on it.

I think Linux is a not well supported OS for the Packet Tracer it is neglected in fact...

Thank You for the help anyway!

yes, several people have reported same issue of PT not working on Linux; I would use this report issue and send it to PT to fix or improve PT for linux.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e8051c092e07401aa7d50ec2424a6e1c

maybe they will if lots of people report that they use Linux

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card