Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 3.0.2 - Backup Confusion

Hello all,

We have installed PI 3.0.2 and from Administration -> Settings ->Background Tasks -> Prime Infrastructure Server Backup, I have configured the following:

Backup Repository: default value

MAX IO backups to keep: 2

Interval:7 (days)

Time of Day: 03:30

The last execution information shows Success. When I also log on to the server via CLI and check the repository (show repository defaultRepo), I see 2 tar files, dated a week apart.

What I don't understand is the message I get via "Alarm Summary & Severity: major"

Component: Appliance, Server: Standalone, Type: Backup, Message:
Backup is not taken from Tue Apr 05 03:30:00 EEST 2016 to Tue Apr 12
03:30:00 EEST 2016

What does this refer to?

I am taking a backup of the server or not?

Please help me clarify this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Katerina.

11 Replies 11

Y819257825
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Katerina,

I have the same issue, if you have known it's reason and how to solve it ??

Expect your reply. Thanks ~

Hi,

I still have this issue. I have no idea if this is the expected behavior or not.

Hi Katerina,

Thanks for your reply.

I still to find the related problem in cisco support community, any other update will update here~

Hi Katerina,

If you have tried to change the Backup Repository like use FTP but not default? I guess the PI 

has many bugs. Our PI is 3.0.3.

Hi Katerina,

Sorry for continue to ask you.

If your network topology can auto-discovery use CDP (just if it can auto to generate a network topology)? Because in my PI 3.0.3 ,some devices can auto but some not.

Hope your reply. Thanks so much~

If I understand your question correctly, we have used both cdp and IP ping sweep for network discovery. If some devices are behind f/w or other remote sites are reached through provider MPLS, it is most likely that cdp will not work. That is why we have ping sweep enabled and we have manually added some other devices.

HTH,

Katerina

Hi katerina,

Actually,  i add my devices use credential profile and one by one to add,and cdp is enabled in those devices unless the firewalls but still some devices can not auto generate a topology by itself which those not connect a fw. It's a trouble problem cause somebody also the same problem in Cisco Support Community.

Your network topology is auto generate without any problem after you added the devices?

Have a nice day~

I don't use the topology all that much, so I haven't noticed. I have created Network Device Groups (locations), and I see that the devices are grouped as expected.

Can you attach the hyperlink to the problem you are describing, so I can have a look and see If I am also facing it?

Thanks in advance,

Katerina

Hi Katerina,

Ok, the about link as below.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12711786/cisco-prime-topology-map-not-auto-discovering-all-links

I have the same setting as the link said especially the man call Marvin Rhoads still not work fine.

I had created groups from the very beginning, as Marvin Rhoads suggests, so I don't recall not seeing any links. The topology works fine for us.

Have a nice day!

Hi katerina,

Thanks for your reply again.

Maybe i should open a tac case .

Have a nice day~

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card