cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 3.0 - Collection Failure

smp
Level 4
Level 4

I am unable to get a Successful collection from one of my devices. It is a Cisco 5508 Wireless LAN Controller. I am successfully running collections on many devices of this same type and software version (7.6.130.30), so I know it's not a limitation of the platform. The device is Reachable, and the Admin Status is Managed. However when I attempt to run a collection, it always fails. The value of managementStatus via the API is "MANAGED_BUT_OUTOFSYNC" I ran a tcpdump of the traffic during a sync, and everything appears to be normal - I see the SNMP request/responses, and two SSH streams that appear to start and stop gracefully.

Probably related to this, I am unable to delete the device - when I try, I get "Delete Device(s) Failed. Please see ifm_inventory.log to get initial information.", probably a result of CSCus73366.

I am pretty new to PI, so are there any obvious things I need to try?

4 Replies 4

david_nyring
Level 1
Level 1

hey

try

inventroy -> network device 

find you 5508 wireless controller and mark it

in the top of the table there is a configure button -> audit now

it should dou the trick i ahve seen the same issue on 3650 :(

Hello, and thanks for your response. It took me a while to figure this out, but PI has not categorized this device as a Wireless Controller. The device in the All Devices list, but the Audit Now button is only available for devices in the Wireless Controller group. And I don't see a way to force it into that group - am I missing it?

I happened to go into the device details and click on the Latest Config Audit Report tab, which brought up an error:

Error(s): You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Error:Object "WlanController#0" does not exist.

Googling the error brings up bug CSCuv63701, which affects PI3.0. So I imagine the problem I'm having is a result of this bug, so I'm going to open a support case.

Hello Scott.

Have you managed to find a solution for this problem?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card