cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 3.1 and Syslog Host

Ryan Curry
Level 1
Level 1

I'm hoping someone can give me some help here because I'm losing my freaking mind.  We are looking to move our syslogging to a new data center and I wanted to redirect my PI 3.1 instance to the new host.  I go into Administration > Settings > Logging.  From what I'm reading, there should be a "Syslog Logging Options" under this page where I have my syslog host set but I'm not seeing that tab at all.  I see "General Logging Options" and "SNMP Logging Options" but nothing more.  Has anyone else run into this??  I'm thoroughly confused at this point .....

Thanks all!

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ryan,

I could see prime Syslog(to forward systems logs as syslog) option under loggings, its in its own tab called "Syslog Logging Options"

have a look at the image.by the way I'm sure you know that this is not the syslog forwarding option for your devices

Cheers

Prabath

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Ryan,

I could see prime Syslog(to forward systems logs as syslog) option under loggings, its in its own tab called "Syslog Logging Options"

have a look at the image.by the way I'm sure you know that this is not the syslog forwarding option for your devices

Cheers

Prabath

-Prabath

Thanks Prabath, I appreciate the response.  What's so perplexing is that I don't have that option on mine (see attached photo).  One thing to note is that I'm running 3.1 MR4, what version are you running by chance?

No worries, its 3.1.3 so one version behind. If they haven't depreciated that page and introduce the function elsewhere  I guess it could may very well be a bug,I cant see any caveats related on the release notes here yet. I suggest you log a TAC regardless

tried different browsers aswell??

-Prabath

Ryan Curry
Level 1
Level 1

FYI for anyone else having this issue, this is a bug in MR 4 that is supposedly fixed in MR 5.  I'm waiting for that release to validate it's actually fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: