cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI upgrade problem, wait time so long(11hours)

q0066423
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade PI from 3.4 to 3.9, so upgrade to 3.7 first, when I typed application upgrade the second time (to 3.9), it shows:

Stage 3 of 7: Executing pre-install ...
Post restore hook running, please try upgrading after 675 mins.
% Pre-install step failed. Please check the logs for more details.

Do I really need to wait for 11 hours? Is there any method to bypass this? I reload PI, no use.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PI Upgrade process take 3 days some time depends on  Data you have.

If you have 3.4 Like to go to 3.9

You need to go to 3.4 to 3.6 or 3.7 ( take the complete backup)  - if this is HA break the HA before upgrade.

Install fresh PI 3.9 and restore the backup (take Long time as expected) - always do from Console.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PI Upgrade process take 3 days some time depends on  Data you have.

If you have 3.4 Like to go to 3.9

You need to go to 3.4 to 3.6 or 3.7 ( take the complete backup)  - if this is HA break the HA before upgrade.

Install fresh PI 3.9 and restore the backup (take Long time as expected) - always do from Console.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your reply.

I checked in document, also tried with vm, you are right, I have to deploy a new 3.9 vm:
"If your existing Prime Infrastructure is 3.7.x or 3.8.x, and your upgrade path contains 3.4.x or earlier versions,
then you cannot in-line upgrade that server to Prime Infrastructure 3.9 due to security vulnerabilities in the
underlying Red Hat 6 installation. You will need to take a backup of the Prime Infrastructure 3.7.x or 3.8.x
server, deploy a fresh Prime Infrastructure 3.9 server, and restore that backup into the Prime Infrastructure
3.9 server."

I have another question, what about the licenses? Can license be rehosted to new 3.9 vm automatically with other data?

In the doc said“ After restoring Prime Infrastructure 3.7.x, and 3.8.x on a new Prime Infrastructure 3.9 virtual machine or
hardware appliance, your Assurance license is automatically applied to the new server.”

but what about the lifecycle license?we use traditional license, and all lifecycle.

q0066423
Level 1
Level 1

No pboblem with license, all is OK.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card