Views
Helpful
Replies

PI1.2 - cant get discovered devices managed

STEFFEN NEUSER
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Did discovered the network, found 23 devices as reachable, but I cant see this devices as managed in overall PI (reporting, monitoring, inventory ...).

What do I need to activate further to get discovered devices managed or did I run in a bug?

many thx for hints, Steffen

2 Replies 2

STEFFEN NEUSER
Level 4
Level 4

Does somebody know, how to fix this probably root cause?

Failed to find package com.cisco.xmp.config.xde.system-bootstrap

ade # grep -v INFO /opt/CSCOlumos/logs/inventory.log

2012-11-23 09:40:17,164 [backgroundThreadPoolExecutor-2] ERROR inventory - x.y.1.56 Exception Occured while executing the bootstrap: com.cisco.nm.expression.function.FunctionException: Failed to find package com.cisco.xmp.config.xde.system-bootstrap

... (lots of same with all discovered and reachable devices)

ade # locate system-bootstrap

/opt/CSCOlumos/xmp_inventory/xde-home/packages/allXars/system-bootstrap-6.0.7.xar

/opt/CSCOlumos/xmp_inventory/xde-home/packages/standard/system-bootstrap-6.0.7.xar

ade # grep ERROR existenceDiscovery.log

[2012-11-23 09:27:30,176] [EvalTask-DiscoveryThreadPool-12] [discovery] [ERROR] - ERROR: [PALBridge : : main: 41: e.getMessage====>Failed to find package CheckCLICredential].

A reload of NCS resolved the problem, that discovered devices are not be in the Inventory.

But the Config Archive still contains no devices. Devices has been discovered including CLI credentials (SSH/telnet) as well.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card