Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Picture of switch in Prime Infra 3.1

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get a graphical representation of a switch that is managed in Prime Infrastructure 3.1 ? By graphical representation, I mean a picture or diagram that shows the switch ports in green/red and their physical location on the switch?

I think this feature was present un PI 3.0 but it seems like we lost it when upgrading to 3.1. Is there any way to get it back?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is odd.

I even checked and saw one running the same IOS-XE 03.02.02 SE that your screenshot has. That switch shows up with a front panel view too.

Have you tried a manual resync of one of the devices to see if that makes a difference?

I do have MR 2 (3.1.2) and Device Pack 2 installed if that makes any difference. The Release notes don't show any resolved caveats with respect to device view but those have been known to be less than complete.

I did check another PI that I have remote access to but unfortunately it is still at Release 3.0. It shows 3850s (even stacks) with full front panel views. If I get some time, I may upgrade it to 3.1 and see if that changes.

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------
Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Version : 3.1.0
Build : 3.1.0.0.132
Critical Fixes:
PI 3.1.2 Maintenance Release ( 2.0.0 )
Device Support:
Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Device Pack 1 ( 1.0 )
Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Device Pack 2 ( 2.0 )

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In general PI 3.x does not provide a "Ciscoview" type function. Some switches that also have wireless controllers (i.e 3850) have a very limited graphical display. See screenshot below from a PI 3.1.2 server (open in new tab to zoom).

Cisco has put Ciscoview function in PI on the roadmap but has not committed to a delivery last I heard.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your answer ! That is a very interesting screenshot that you shared. We happen to manage 3850s and we run PI 3.1.0 too. However, In the Features - System - Summary page, I don't see the same image as you do.

Any idea why I don't get the same result as you? The build version of PI is 3.1.0.0.132 and the 3850s are 2 x WS-C3850-24P stacked.

I think I used to have the same view of the 3850s as you do back when we were running PI 3.0 , is that possible? 

Once again, thanks for your help!

EDIT: Hostnames and IPs manually removed from screenshot

That is odd.

I even checked and saw one running the same IOS-XE 03.02.02 SE that your screenshot has. That switch shows up with a front panel view too.

Have you tried a manual resync of one of the devices to see if that makes a difference?

I do have MR 2 (3.1.2) and Device Pack 2 installed if that makes any difference. The Release notes don't show any resolved caveats with respect to device view but those have been known to be less than complete.

I did check another PI that I have remote access to but unfortunately it is still at Release 3.0. It shows 3850s (even stacks) with full front panel views. If I get some time, I may upgrade it to 3.1 and see if that changes.

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------
Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Version : 3.1.0
Build : 3.1.0.0.132
Critical Fixes:
PI 3.1.2 Maintenance Release ( 2.0.0 )
Device Support:
Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Device Pack 1 ( 1.0 )
Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Device Pack 2 ( 2.0 )

Ok great.

In the meantime, I'll will try to get and install MR2 + Device Pack 2 to see if if helps.

Thanks again !

Maintenance Release 2 fixed the issue !

Thanks Marvin !