cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please Help To Correct My Tree Design

Hudson86
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help me to correct my design? I tried to test sending messages to 2 devices Laptop3 and Smartphone which connect to the Wireless Router all failed. 
Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 2.17.48 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project file...

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project file...

Hi Georg, I tried to upload the file but it said that the file type pkt wasn't supported.So I don't know how to post it 

MichaelMcCoy
Level 1
Level 1

@Hudson86 you will have to zip (compress) the file before uploading.  The file extension that you recieve after that will be .zip and should be able to be uploaded.  

Hi Michael, I just tried and now it says the file type .zip was also supported. 
Or maybe my file size is 428KB more than 70KB its required. 

The file size should be fine, I believe you may have misread but I am seeing that 70 MB is the maximum, so a file of 428 KB should be perfect.  

Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 9.18.45 PM.png

I already compressed it to a file zip. And it still says not supported file zip. 

I already posted. Could u plz help me check it out? 
Thank u so much

Hudson86
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I opened your network file. The problem is that the wireless router has the same IP address on the LAN side as the rest of your network. This won't work, you need another subnet (other than the 192.168.86.0 network) on the LAN side. I changed it to 192.168.85.0, but I do not know what the requirements are for this project ?

Attached the revised file...

Hi Georp, thank u so much for ur help.
I just need it for my uni assignment. And I still wondering how can I test the IP phone and Smartphone if it works. 

Hello,

in the revised file, you should be able to ping the smartphone and the laptop with their new IP addresses. Is that enough for connectivity, or are they asking for more ?