Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.0 netshow

h.cloostermans
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to use netshow (or something similar to run cli commands on devices and export the output) in PI 3.0 (or 3.1) ?

I know it wasn't possible with Prime Infrastructure 2.2, but I was hoping this might have changed in PI 3.x...

Thanks,

Helen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No not yet but we have raised it with our Cisco acc manager to have it added , the more people that do the better the chance the DEV team will add it , They told us to use compliance for now but its not the same and doesn't provide what netshow did in LMS

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No not yet but we have raised it with our Cisco acc manager to have it added , the more people that do the better the chance the DEV team will add it , They told us to use compliance for now but its not the same and doesn't provide what netshow did in LMS

Good luck - I've been raising this (among other) issues for several years now.

I've spoken to the product TMEs and business development managers both in open forums and one-on-one personally and it's continued to fall on deaf ears.

I was able to get SOMETHING by using a CLI config template. Have to start the template with "exit" to get out of config mode, then you can do your show commands.  I suspect you could also preface your show commands with "do"; ie: "do show int summ" and that would also work.  The formatting sucks, but you can export it to CSV and run it through various parsers and formatters, or just view in Excel.

It is a bit ridiculous such a simple yet mandatory function is NOT part of the flagship management product?  It's these types of failures that make people (me) annoyed with Cisco software and look to other products.  How hard can it REALLY be to port the netshow modules from LMS?  Or write from scratch?

Very disappointing....