Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Composite Template Issue

olivermatt1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a serious problem with compsite templates in Cisco Prime Infrastructure V3.3 and V3.4.

I have created some feature templates (wireless controller) and want to add these templates to a composite template.

When I try to add the individual templates in the Template Detail area of the composite template, I am only presented with a list of CLI templates. None of the Feature Templates are available for selection.

It seems as if it's only CLI templates that are applicable for composite templates. Is that true?

The User Guide (V3.4) states "All out-of-the-box and user-created templates can be added to a single composite template, which aggregates all of the individual feature templates that you need."

It also states that the Validation Criteria should be selectable: "In the Validation Criteria area, choose the devices to which all of the templates contained in the composite template should apply"

My Validation Criteria Menu is blocked. showing a red warning sign and states: "Device Type can be either a Product Family .....Users are not allowed to change the Device Type, as the type is pre-selected under Features and technologies. So the edit and save buttons (e.g. 'Clear Selection', 'OK', 'Cancel') are disabled.

Am I missing something?

Kind regards

Oliver

1 Reply 1

Clayton_D
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem too, since many many years.

The exact same symptoms that you describe, under multiple versions of Prime Infrastructure.

I finally gave up on it, but it really bugs me that the config guides say that any template can be used when they clearly can't be used.

If they can, then the guides are not showing the steps needed to make it work.

I know it's an old thread, but it's an old issue too.

Perhaps you found a solution and didn't give up as I did many years ago?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: