Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime DCNM Version compatability to NX-OS

florian.schwab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

the version 7.1(x) of Cisco Prime DCNM provides some new and helpfull features. Anyways, in the release document on page 13 there is this one sentence about the compatability between DCNM version and the NX-OS release. For me as german native speaker, the statement of this sentence is a little bit too vague:

"For compatibility reasons, we recommend that you run the same version (or a later version) of Cisco DCNM as Cisco NX-OS software."

According to this sentence, would this setup work: DCNM 7.1(x) with a NX-OS release below 7.1(x)? I would expect that this scenario is possible without any problems because of a general backwards compatability and I can also imagine that it could be more problematic to run a NX-OS version higher than DCNM version.

Thanks for your help,

Florian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Florian,

Your understanding is correct  , what they mean that DCNM version should be higher or equal to the NX-OS version of your devices

check the below link::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/7_1_x/comp_matrix/cisco_prime_dcnm_comp_matrix_7_1_2.html#pgfId-1048983

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Florian,

Your understanding is correct  , what they mean that DCNM version should be higher or equal to the NX-OS version of your devices

check the below link::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/7_1_x/comp_matrix/cisco_prime_dcnm_comp_matrix_7_1_2.html#pgfId-1048983

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

florian.schwab
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your fast and helpfull answer!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card