Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 1.3 Failover problem

Dear all,

we installed a new CPI 1.3. Both machines are in the same subnet and close to each other. Everything looks fine and is installed as we see in the config guide.

When we halt the VM of the primary Server, the backup takes over but with errors. I'm also not able to login!

Heres the log:

May 06, 2013 10:02:04 AM    Secondary Active    Database can not be properly started

May 06, 2013 09:36:02 AM    Secondary Active    Completed failover from '10.x.y.Prim [10.x.y.Prim]' to 'Secondary [10.x.y.Sec]'

May 06, 2013 09:36:02 AM    Secondary Active    Primary NCS 10.x.y.Prim [10.x.y.Prim] lost service and has to failover to Secondary NCS Secondary [10.x.y.Sec]

May 06, 2013 09:14:53 AM    Secondary Lost Primary    Started failover from 10.x.y.Prim [10.x.y.Prim] to Secondary [10.x.y.Sec]

May 06, 2013 09:14:53 AM    Secondary Lost Primary    Primary NCS '10.x.y.Prim [10.x.y.Prim]' has failed

Is there anything I can do??? my colleauges did the same a few days ago also with problems or similar problems and restore the server from backup...

regards,

For me it seems that the HA is not working as expected. As i mentioned, we install the system like we saw in the config guide and took care ot the HA requirements.

Sebastian

2 Replies 2

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-Login to the Primary WebUI then goto Administration > HA and break the HA

-Login to the CLI of the the Seconary then

-ncs stop

-ncs cleanup (selecting Yes, Yes and No)

-Start ncs on the Secondary once complete

-Login to he Primary WebUI then re-establish the HA

-Test Failover

Due to the database was crashed and I was not able to login, no matter what I tried, we decided to deploy the system again.

Maybe I will try the failover once again, but in the moment I prefer to use the VM mechanismens and thats enough for the first until there are some more experiens with this HA mechanismen.

regards,

Sebastian