Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.1 - Out Of Sync Devices

isoffice1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are running a Cisco Prime Infrastructure Appliance (Version 2.1) to mange/monitor/configure our wired network infrastructure. We have been able to successfully add all of the network infrastructure devices to Prime and have had relative success in image deployment, reporting etc.

However, my query is in relation to the Configuration Archives. Currently Prime is indicating that 90% of our devices are 'Out of Sync'. I know that this means that there are discrepancies between the startup and running configs. I have compared the startup and running configs on some of the affected devices and the only differences I can see were in relation to the snmp-server contact XXXX entry and the self-signed certificate entry.

Can anyone tell me how I can go about troubleshooting this or how to bring the device configurations back into sync.

Many thanks,

John P

1 Reply 1

bkennedy97
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

If you navigate to Operate > Configuration Archives it will display a list of all your devices that are listed as out of sync.  From here you can sort to the devices that are listed as Out of sync, select the ones that are listed as such and schedule an overwrite.  There is also an option to archive immediately after it overwrites as well.  It may take a bit for it to update through this page, but navigating to individual devices through device work center and clicking on the configuration archive tab, will yield that the out of sync (startup/running mismatch) message will switch to no.  

Regards,

Brandon