Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Wrong CLI credentials

kashif2401
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to setup PI 2.2, but when i add the devices it shows the triangle sign which means that the device is pingable but credentials are wrong, i tried changing the cli credentials, type and update it, but still it shows the same error.

any help!!!

3 Replies 3

diesel315
Level 1
Level 1

How are you trying to connect? Telnet or SSH? ACL is not?

tried with both telnet and ssh.. there was no acl in place

as it was going to be live sooner, I had to reimage the server for it to work.. still didnt get what was causing that.

My 2 cents for this issue. I am running PRIME LMS 3.1 for wired devices and I was getting the same error. For some reason Prime CHECKS both options during the discovery process based on the credentials you configured for that specific device. SO, if you DO NOT have transport input all (old ios) or transport input telnet ssh in the line vty of the switch then you will get that error.

2nd, you MUST configure the credentials for TELNET first so they are added by prime automatically to the SSH credentials option. Then run a Credential Verification on the TELNET option to validate it and after that you can run the SYNC with no issues and the LAST INVENTORY COLLECTION STATUS for that device would be on prime = COMPLETED.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: