Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.0 Compliance Features

Brian Saunders
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

Does anyone know if the compliance functions in Prime Infrastructure 3.0 require the compliance license?  Currently we only have the lifecycle license.

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just in case anyone was having the similar issue with the compliance feature being unavailable, this is a bug. 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw56546

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Philipp Kreidl
Level 1
Level 1

Lifecycle: Regulates the total number of devices under Prime Infrastructure management.

Assurance: Regulates the total number of NetFlow devices under Prime Infrastructure management.

--

Compliance is within the Lifecycle license on Prime Infrastructure, on LMS there was a special compliance license for it. But you will have to install the "PRO" version of PI3.0 to be able to use them.

I just installed a fresh PRO VM and I don't see the option to enable the compliance feature. The Admin guide states it should be Administration/Settings/System Settings/General/Server. I don't have the compliance feature, just "FTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, Global Idle Timeout and NTP Servers." Has anyone had luck enabling the compliance feature?

Just in case anyone was having the similar issue with the compliance feature being unavailable, this is a bug. 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw56546

Good info  Luke - thanks for sharing.

Many thanks for this tip. In our case we just forgot to add the TACACS attributes.

Has anyone been able to run the PSIRT EOX reports after trying the work around in this bug?

I have enabled the service in the compliance.properties file and I now have the ability to run the reports but running the reports does nothing!

I have raised a TAC case for this, the TAC engineer is saying that the bug is not resolved nor the work around is a fix.

Just wondering if anyone has done the work around and has then been able to create the reports?

Thanks

after a couple of days on the phone with TAC and their developers its now fixed and now there is a maintenance fix for it. 3.0.2

I performed the workaround (editing the compliance properties file) that you mentioned and, like you, I've been unable to generate any reports. I applied the 3.0.1 maint. release and issue persisted. Did TAC provide you with the 3.0.2 patch or is it being release soon?

Hi Luke

Its not fixed in maint release 3.0.1

Cisco TAC and the coders ran through running a compliance report then moving some files around in the database as a workaround to fix the problem for me. 

They said that what they had done for me would be in patch 3.0.2 which they made out was relased now. Like you I can't find the patch 3.0.2 maybe you need to contact them and ask them to pass it onto you.

Good luck!

Thanks Philip,

I will follow up with TAC.

Hi Luke

I have just been told by Cisco (when they were closing my case) that patch 3.0.2 will be released at the end of this month.

Philip

daniel.litwin
Level 1
Level 1

I've been dealing with this issue.

I was told by TAC licensing that in PI 3.0, Data Center and Assurance features are a cost if you are coming from prior version without having those specific licenses.  Since we only have Lifecycle licenses in 2.2, when moving to 3.0 we get no assurance features.

When purchasing new PI 3.0 licenses, those features are included at no cost.

Way to stick it to the end user Cisco. :(

Hi Daniel

Allow me to clarify.. In pi 2.X and earlier we had a Lifecycle(LF) and a Assurance(AS) license, in PI 3.0 we have combined them both into a "mgmt" license.

But the price also changed, so in general a mgmt license price is the same as an LF and AS combined. (this is true for devices like AP, cat2/3k and many others)

For some of our more advanced products the price of the new 3.0 "mgmt" licens is actually higher than the combined AS+LF PI 2.2 price.

Also remember that if you have an active service contract on your PI 2.2 its free to upgrade to PI 3.0 (you will still have the same amount of LF and AS licenses in your new PI 3.0)

You can read all the details in our PI 3.0 license and ordering guide here : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/datasheet-listing.html

or reach out to your Cisco account team for details. (or me if they don't reply to you)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card