Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.10.4 ssh change privilege level to 1

Hubert Kupper
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

since november 2023, when our cisco prime 3.10.4 trying to get the config via ssh from our 4510+R Switch, the privilege level 15 changed to 1 and the ssh connection fails. Bevor the config was archived correctily. This problem only occours with the 4510+R switch running XE 03.11.09.E

Any idea, what the problem is?

Regards, Hubert

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Remove the particular device from Prime and re-enter it , but before final add ; press Verify Credentials first ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I did this last week but it didn't help. The same error.

Verify credentials said everything is ok. If I do a ssh session to prime and from there a ssh session to the 4510 it already works but not from prime config job.

- Check logs on the device when Prime tries to connect ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

%SYS-5-PRIV_AUTH_PASS: Privilege level set to 1 by username on vty0 (IP Address)
002808: Mar 15 22:00:12: %SYS-6-LOGOUT: User username has exited tty session 1(IP Address)

- If the particular admin user is authenticated externally through radius or ldap for instance , then make sure it preserves sufficient privilege's  after being authenticated , (sometimes you need extra attributes returned from radius to achieve that)

M.

Hi, no the admin user is not authenticated externally.

Hubert

the error is only visible whith prime config archive collection job.

Hubert Kupper
Level 1
Level 1

I will try 3.11.10 on the 4510+E switch tomorrow. Maybe this solve the problem.........

- Ok , good plan ; otherwise you need to engage TAC , 

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card