Views
Helpful
Replies

prime infrastructure restore db size error

TTToT-12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

I'm currently trying to restore a backup on VM PI version 3.0.

Deploy 3.0.0.78 OVA on VM then restore the backup taken with the same version.
But failed with the following message:

ERROR: Current system configuration doesnot match the system configuration of the machine where the backup was taken.
Please attempt restore again on an equivalent machine.
Any customizations done on the original server have to be repeated before restoring the backup.
The following system requirements need to be met before restore can proceed with the given backup:
DB Size - 234 GB
% Application restore failed

How can I make the DB size the same?
(The backup was taken from another VM device and I cannot access that device now. )

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Hello,

as far as I recall, this has to do with the system specs (CPU, memory) being different. You need to make sure that these specs are the same as from the system the backup was taken from.

Hello Georg,

Thank you for replying me.

Well, I'll try to check the system specs of the old VM device.

Thank you.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Also check reply from Ashkok , in this thread : https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/prime-2-2-restore-issue/td-p/2642331

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello marce,

Thank you for replying me.

Actually, I read that thread.

But I would like to know what and how parameters should be modified with the VM,
when "db size 234GB" is displayed.

Thank you.

- For starters when deploying the new VM , make sure that the Virtual Appliance Options  (sizing) are same and or at least not lower then the VM you are storing the backup from : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-7/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_7_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html#con_1070036

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what exactly you trying to do ?  You trying to upgrade ? or replace old PI ?

applance backup need to same as old, but you can do application backup and restore to new build PI.

as others suggested, you need to check the same size of VM resources when you doing this restoration.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card