cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime infrastructure upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1 fails on OS (Redhat Upgrade)

Bill Dempsey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all - we are attempting to do an inline upgrade of our Cisco Prime VM.  We get as far as the part where the OS is going to be updated.

The update first bombs out doing the upgrade of redhat - The blue install screen shows up and gives the error that it can not continue due to a "Missing kickstart.cfg" file.  Grub was looking for it at /dev/sba1/upgrade and it wasn't there.   I was able to find this file on /dev/sdb1/upgrade and updated  Grub .  After reboot, I get past the error that kickstart.cfg can't be found.. but now the redhat install is asking me which drive redhat is installed on.  I'm rust on my linux skills so I don't know how to find that out.  Any suggestions or tips?  Ideally I'd spin up a 3.1 vm and migrate that way but our VM infrastructure is code lock for migration to another system.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PI does not like it when you try to modify anything at the OS or boot level. Even if you hack past one obstacle, the root cause of the initial failure will likely come around and bite you again.

From where you are, I'd definitely recommend opening a TAC case to resolve.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

PI does not like it when you try to modify anything at the OS or boot level. Even if you hack past one obstacle, the root cause of the initial failure will likely come around and bite you again.

From where you are, I'd definitely recommend opening a TAC case to resolve.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card