cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure v1.3 -- Boot fails, displays debug info

RITR
Level 1
Level 1

Prime website stopped responding so I logged onto the console (VM) and it had these debug errors on it. I rebooted and received same thing. This happened on a previous install as well.

PrimeBootDebug.png

However, I can SSH to the appliance, but the website doesn't load.

It's currently running on a VMware ESXI v5.0 host. The VM was setup using the PI-VA-1.3.0.20-medium.ova file. It was working fine since Friday, then after a little bit of using it this morning it crashed. It was managing three wireless controllers.

2 Replies 2

Rollin Kibbe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Itregistrations:

The lines depicted are not actual "debugs" as if something had been turned on, they're actually messages thrown to the console by the Linux daemon whose name is "debugd" or debug daemon, that's watching what's going on as the Prime Infrastructure service starts up.  They're not helpful at all in diagnosing a problem, but they will stay on screen a long, long time while the service is in the process of starting.  Once it does completely start, a login prompt should appear. 

What is helpful is connecting to an SSH session, checking the output of "ncs status" to know which of the listed services are running or stopped. 

Also, a set of logs generated by running the command "backup-logs repository " is helpful.  Logs always help, particularly the hm-0-0.log file that tells what the "mother hen" Health Monitor service encounters as it tries to start up all the subservices.  Depending on which subservice is having trouble, the log of that subservice would be the next source of help.  For example, if Health Monitor tells the database server to start, but the database server doesn't, one would want to check the dbadmin-0-0.log to see why the database server disobeyed Health Monitor.

kdegagne123
Level 1
Level 1

Was there evey a resolution to this problem? I have the same issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: