Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime LMS 4.2 to 4.2.x upgrade

edeloscobos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade a fresh installation of Prime LMS 4.2 to 4.2.4.

I already download directly the upgrade files from cisco.com to the server, and unzip all the files to the localdisk.

Directory of disk:/

1198459265 Nov 11 2013 18:13:25  Cisco_Prime_LAN_Management_Solution_4_2_4.tar.gz

856660232 Nov 11 2013 18:13:03  Cisco_Prime_LAN_Management_Solution_4_2_3.tar.gz

1146670991 Nov 11 2013 18:12:48  Cisco_Prime_LAN_Management_Solution_4_2_2.tar.gz

602468912 Nov 11 2013 18:11:36  Cisco_Prime_LAN_Management_Solution_4_2_1.tar.gz

I already create the repository with a name of "upg" and a URL of "disk:"

I'm connected to the console through a SSH session, and execute the next command:

CISCOLMS01/admin# application upgrade Cisco_Prime_LAN_Management_Solution_4_2_1.tar.gz upg

The process take up to 3 hours and nothing happens, the coursor is live but nothing displays after that:

CISCOLMS01/admin# application upgrade Cisco_Prime_LAN_Management_Solution_4_2_1.tar.gz upg

Save the current ADE-OS running configuration? (yes/no) [yes] ?

Generating configuration...

Saved the ADE-OS running configuration to startup successfully

Initiating Application Upgrade...

Someone knows if there is a specific requirement to do?

Thank you for your assistance.

Eduardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you checked the MD5 checksums of your uploaded files on the LMS server against what's posted on the cisco.com download site?

Since you should be under support if you're able to download upgrades, you might want to open a TAC case to get an engineer to work with you  real time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you checked the MD5 checksums of your uploaded files on the LMS server against what's posted on the cisco.com download site?

Since you should be under support if you're able to download upgrades, you might want to open a TAC case to get an engineer to work with you  real time.

Marvin,

Thank you for your answer. I already checked the MD5 checksums and all seems to be fine.

I will open a TAC case right now.

Thank you for your assitance.