Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime LMS: HUM performance monitoring interface selection

joerg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @all,

I am uisng Prime LMS 4.2.5. We want to monitor the performance of interfaces (in and out discards, utilization etc.)

Is it possible to select other interfaces than the "Link Ports"? I want to monitor some server ports.

I have created my own group, but this one cannot be selected in the threshold configuration.

Regards

Joerg

4 Replies 4

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can select the other ports/interfaces when while creating poller, you'll see following options :

Poll by Pattern  Select patterns on which you want to query devices and poll instances
Poll all Instances  Poll all instances of the selected template on the selected devices
Poll by User Selection  Select the instances on which you want to poll the devices

Select the Poll by user Selection to select the desired interfaces. It Polls the selected instances of the device. You cannot select this preference type for Device Groups and Port Groups data sources.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod,

you are right, for the poller it is correct. But I want do define thresholds. And there  I cannot select my own port groups.

Any idea?

regards

Joerg

Do you mean you're able to select the desired Port Channel Group while creating Poller normally, but not when you're using option Threshold Only. 

> Please share details on what kind Template/Poller are you trying to deploy?

> Can you try to use another Template along with the existing one and check if you see desired interfaces/port channel there?

> Is it happening for all the devices? Or just one/few?

Please try to complete a fresh inventory collection for the problematic device and try again to see it fixes the issue. Do share if the inventory job is failure/successful.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod,

I have uploaded a screenshot of the threshold menu. It is not the poller menu.

Please have a look.

It´s for all devices.

regards

Joerg