cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime schedule reload - Terminal width 0

eglinsky2012
Level 4
Level 4

We have been using Prime to upgrade code on our ~3,000 switches, doing about half over the summer and about half this Winter break. We do distributions during the day building by building and stagger activations every minute in the early morning.

We've found (with both Prime 3.1 and 3.4) that, when doing more than 20 or so switches at a time, the lead switch in a TR will reboot before Prime can tell the downstream switches to reboot.

What I want to start doing is distributing in mass (to hundreds of switches in one job without concern for how long it takes), then using a CLI template to utilize the "reload at" command so the switches know to reboot themselves, rather than relying on the lead switches to be up so Prime can reboot them.

Here's what I have for a template, and how it fails. I have to do a "clear line vty x" in the switch to force Prime to determine the job as failed, otherwise it remains "Running" indefinitely. I believe the problem is, when asking to confirm the reload, the terminal width is changing to zero (hence, if you simply hit the enter or y keys, the reload is confirmed; there's no chance to type out more than one character). Maybe Prime's adding a space which cancels the reload request. No reload is scheduled after this completes.

Is there a way to tell the template to accommodate the terminal width changing to zero?

#MODE_ENABLE
wr
#INTERACTIVE
reload at $reloadTime <IQ>Proceed with reload? [confirm]<R>y
#ENDS_INTERACTIVE
#END_MODE_ENABLE

Error: Connection closed while executing the command #MODE_ENABLE
wr
#INTERACTIVE
reload at 05:30 Proceed with reload? [confirm] y
#ENDS_INTERACTIVE
#END_MODE_ENABLE
Response:terminal width 0

TAB_104_Eric#config t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
TAB_104_Eric(config)#exit

TAB_104_Eric#wr
wr
Building configuration...
[OK]
TAB_104_Eric#reload at 05:30

1 Reply 1

eglinsky2012
Level 4
Level 4
Hi, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!