cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset SX80 network settings (but not factory reset)

Our Cisco SX80 is configured with a manual IP address. Our network guys recently did a total overhaul on our network so now the network settings on our SX80 don't work. I need to change the setting from Manual to Automatic so that it grabs the correct network settings and the IP address via the DHCP reservation that they have created for it. I had to do this for our two Polycom systems but it was easily done using a remote and the interface on the attached display. However, on the SX80 without access to the web interface I'm not sure how best to do that. I don't want to do a factory reset because it is integrated into a system that is controlled by a Crestron touch panel and I'm not sure if there are settings that would get reset that might affect the way it was set up by the company who installed the system for up us.

I see in the Admin manual that there's a way to access it via a serial cable but I'm hoping that there may be a way to just reset the network settings so that they revert to Automatic without affecting any other settings? To further complicate things, I discovered that the initial 2 year maintenance contract expired in November. Getting that renewed is underway but not yet done.

Any suggestions that might help me get my system back online easily?

-Michael C. Dreimiller

Connecticut College

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You will not be able to reset the network settings 'over the network' if the addressing scheme on the particular subnet is changed. You are in a deadlockSerial/console access is the only way to make the needed changes.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You will not be able to reset the network settings 'over the network' if the addressing scheme on the particular subnet is changed. You are in a deadlockSerial/console access is the only way to make the needed changes.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks. I was afraid that was the answer. I read the SX80 Administrators Guide and found some discussion about using a serial cable but not a lot of specifics. Would this work using a Macintosh laptop if I could find the correct serial-to-USB C adapter? Once connected, would I be doing stuff using the Terminal app? Is there a different document that would walk me through this process?