Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime SNMP v3 will not communicate with a third-party APC device

We have been trying to capture management data from our smart UPS's in our network. Recently I have been trying to configure Prime to do just that with a little tweaking. But I can't get SNMP to communicate.

1. I have verified SNMP v3 credentials are correct and protocols.
  2. Verified credential profile assignment in Prime.
  3. APC device, enabled SNMP v3, setup user profile and setup access control.

Has anyone experienced any problems with setting up a third-party device in Cisco Prime?

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
probably needs the MIB , Cisco only has its own setup in PI but you can add MIBs if you read the admin guide section on it

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/user/guide/pi_ug/mon-pol-thresh.html#pgfId-1080316

Finally was upload the new MIB's, but during the process you are required to select the device in the drop-down menu. The device is not listed. While trying sync the device I'm receiving an error (SNMP unreachable). I've deleted the device and tried to create the device manually, it stills fails during sync.

Running out things to try.  

- Does it work with SNMP V2 (Prime has been known to be buggy , concerning snmp v3?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '