cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Cisco 4506E with printers Samsung sxc-620

veronicacantero
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon, I have problems with the Cisco 4506E, Cisco 3750 was installed and connected Notebooks Printers renewed.
By connecting the Cisco 4506E printers stopped working. The look and configuration is the same as above if the printers work.
Alguen can help me with the cisco 4506 E for connecting printers Samsung sxc620?

5 Replies 5

Eduardo Corzo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Veronica,

Is kind of strange that end hosts stop working by connecting a L2/L3 device. First of all, we need to answer some questions:

• Do the devices are obtaining IP via DHCP? If that's so, are you using a DHCP dedicate server or DCHP server is your 4506E?
  • If you ping from your default gateway to printers and end hosts, it goes through?
  • Are the port between 4560E and 3750 configured as trunk port 802.1q?
  • Finally, do you have an interface vlan for each vlan in production?

Best regards,

-Eduardo

Hello Eduardo,
1) printers have static IP. I have a dedicated server. Connect the printer to the Cisco 3750 and works, and connect it to the 4506e printer cisco and verify that it is no longer a free IP.
2) In 3750 cisco cisco pings the 4506E no,
3) do not know if this trunk
4) it is a single paa Vlan all Johnson.

regards
Vero

Hello Vero,

Ok, for what I'm seeing if you can ping from your 3750 but not from the 4506e it means there's some misconfiguration on L2.

Try to look into the interfaces between 3750 and 4506e, it needs to be configured as trunk port. If you can, please post the configuration of those ports

Example:

| 3750 |---g0/1----------------g1/1---| 4506e |

int g0/1
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

Interface gig1/1 as well.

Also, you said when you connect the printer into 4506e is no longer the static IP it suppose to have, in that case, is that IP something like 169.x.x.x?

And last one, where's your printer's default gateway? is at 3750 or at 4506e?

HTH

Best regards

-Eduardo

Hi eduardo,

Sorry I did not explain well, IP is static in both switch in the Cisco 3750 and Cisco 4506E

Thanks

Vero

Eduardo This is the Samples of the configuration printer.I would fail me to print configuration port.

Regards 

Vero

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: