Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem to copy configuration file to Cisco device with snmp

christoph.ehret
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have tried two different mibs to copy the running-config from the tftp server to my 831 router :

1) With the CISCO-FLASH-MIB

2) With the OLD-CISCO-SYSTEM-MIB

Apparently, the running-config is uploaded to the router without problems with both mibs.

Then I have the following problem : if I check the running-config that should now be on the router, nothing actually changed. For example, I move the file from the router to the tftp server, modify something in it, and upload again the file to the router, I then still have the same values than before modification !

What have I to do in order that the running-config I upload from the tftp server to the 831 device will become the actual running-config file ?

Thanks

Chris

3 Replies 3

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Chris,

I'm not sure what methods your using, but depending on your platform and IOS level, those MIBs may have been depreciated. Please try this link which uses the CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094aa6.shtml

HTH

Steve

Unfortunately, I do not have the CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB with the actual version of the IOS of my 831 router (even if > 12.0 ); instead, I used the CISCO-FLASH-MIB, which usage is also explained on the link you gave me above. And I also tested the OLD-CISCO-SYSTEM-MIB recently (has the advantage to do the same I need, but with a very little snmp cmd). I should perhaps try to upgrade the IOS version of the router and hope this one will have a compatibility with the CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB.

On the link you gave above, I could not find where it is explained what to do, once we have the modified running-config back on the router, i.e to make a write memory using this MIB ?

Ahh--that link was in the first paragraph of the earlier link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a008009463e.shtml

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card