Views
Helpful
Replies

Process Snmp (PDU Dispatcher) causes High CPU value

Chaker BCHIR
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Catalyst Switch 6000. Inoticed that after the execution of the job inventory in LMS, and after the snmp queries reached the equipement, the cpu value reached 98-99 % due to the process : PDU DISPATCHER (what’s it ?)

I have also a script running in the switch to observe the differents logs. For exemple, when high cpu is obtained, the message bellow appear :

« %SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input

Could you give me any idea or help ?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

ccube
Level 1
Level 1

This msg is normally generated when to many snmp request overrun the buffer allocated for such requests. There are a number of things that can cause this as well as a number of known issues that can be worked around using snmp views. Without reviewing show logging and other information available in a show tech, hard to say what the best method to resolve this. Should probably open a TAC SR to troubleshoot the issue further...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I have tried using this command to over come PDU DISPATCHER processes.
clear snmp sync lock

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check current software version , use a recent and or preferably an advisory release  . check if that can help.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: