Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSUCli.bat Installation fails

Hi there,

I've gto a problem, hope someone has a solution...

If i'm doing a

PSUCli.bat -p cvw -install -src c:\psu_download\cvw -all

I get th e following output:

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:131)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.util.PackageUtils.createPackageFromZip(PackageUtils.java:144)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.repository.AbstractRepository.createPkg(AbstractRepository.java:58)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.repository.AbstractRepository.updateList(AbstractRepository.java:239)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.repository.AbstractRepository.sync(AbstractRepository.java:209)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.repository.AbstractRepository.getAllPackages(AbstractRepository.java:70

)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.ui.cli.PSUCli.install(PSUCli.java:102)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.ui.cli.PSUCli.<init>(PSUCli.java:1610)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.ui.cli.PSUCli.main(PSUCli.java:1563)

Services might be restarted, as a result of install operation

Would you like to continue ? ( Press y or n )

n

Aborting install..

This is all about the File "nmidb.zip" I think, the only new file in the directory, which I also couldn't update/install via the Web-GUI.

The file can be extractet with 7-Zip without any error.

From the psu.log (attached):

[ Thu Sep 08 14:04:40 CEST 2011 ] ERROR  [PackageManager : getDescrsForSelectedPackages]  : No such package exist: nmidb

So, what's wrong?

Java mismatch? File corrupt?

TIA,

Thomas

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The nmidb is not a device package that can be handled by PSU.  You need to use the nmic.bat script to update your NMIDB.

Hi Joseph, thanks for your answer, sorry for the late response, I was out of Office.

But now the Problem is that I cannot find a nmic.bat or nmic.sh anywhere in CSCOpx or the whole Harddisk!

Any further tip?

TIA,

Thomas

This no longer exists in LMS 4.0.  That said, I'm not sure I understand your final goal.  What do you want to do with the nmidb?

Hi,

I'm running LMS 3.2.1 (with SP1) Windows.

I just want to update the Package.

This Story started when I did a "Common Services > Device Update" via the WebGUI, all the Updates installed fine except the Package nmidb...see the attached Screenshots.

Too bad, the Event Log (3rd Pic) doesn't show any helpful Info...

So after that I tried to update the Package via Console/Script, also without luck...

?

Thanks,

Thomas

Okay.  Just delete nmidb.zip.  You do not need it.  You will not lose any functionality.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card