Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"%HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has

(I searched this at Cisco & Google without satisfaction)

Hello. I am troubleshooting symptom of sftp communication from internal server not reaching www address.

I see in 4431 Router logs...

*Feb 3 21:12:12.019: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.
*Feb 3 21:12:12.019: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.
*Feb 3 21:12:12.020: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.
*Feb 3 21:12:12.021: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.
*Feb 3 21:12:12.022: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.
*Feb 3 21:12:27.022: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.
*Feb 3 21:12:27.022: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.
*Feb 3 21:12:27.024: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.
*Feb 3 21:12:27.025: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.
*Feb 3 21:12:27.027: %HTTP-4-SERVER_CONN_RATE_EXCEED: Number of connections per minute has exceeded the maximum limit(500)as specified by the platform.

1. What typically causes this situation?

2. Might this be related to the root cause of my troubleshoot symptom?

Thank you.

20 Replies 20

"

4431#show policy-map type inspect ?
% Unrecognized command
4431#show policy-map type ?
access-control      access-control specific policy-map
control                  Control policy-map and statistics
packet-service      Packet Service Policy Map
service-chain        Service Chain Policy Map

"

Please advise. Thank you.

as I get before you run ISR 4431 as ZoneFirewall or I am wrong ??

4431 is router between ASA5525 and www. There is little info for me about this device. I do know there are multiple VRFs, and also ACLs. This network is configured less-than correctly. There are no ACLs directly on interfaces.

OK, I will share some point how you capture the traffic in ASA 
and for ISR4000 I will see what I can find to share with you 

I have CONFIRMED the interesting traffic is exiting the 5525ASA.

On the 4431, The CLI analyzer states that there is no zone based firewall detected.

It is strange to me that on the 4431 "sh run all" doesn't list the access lists.

There exist many access lists. How can i see which access lists are in use, are mapped to what functions?

I'm placing access lists on interfaces and verifying they are being hit by the interesting traffic. This troubleshooting technique is yielding success.

I have CONFIRMED the interesting traffic is entering the 4431 incoming int.