cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"terminal monitor" on by default

Isaiah
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to have logging to the VTY lines on by default?  The goal is identical to the effect of issuing the "terminal monitor" command upon logging in.  It appears that there is a "monitor" configuration within the "line vty" configuration, but this does not seem to persist or take effect unless the VTY is active when the command is issued.  I also see an option for automatically executing a remote command within PuTTY, but it appears that this is done alternatively to creating and persisting a shell.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Milos Megis
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, try on VTY "autocommand terminal monitor".

BUT, by default if you put autocommand on vty, then after connection it perform this command and disconnect you immediately. So if you want to stay connected you must also enter command "autocommand-options nohangup".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Milos Megis
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, try on VTY "autocommand terminal monitor".

BUT, by default if you put autocommand on vty, then after connection it perform this command and disconnect you immediately. So if you want to stay connected you must also enter command "autocommand-options nohangup".

Works like a charm in IOS and IOS-XE.  However those commands do not appear to exist in NX-OS.  Do you know if there is a way to do it there?

Sorry, I don´t know

This does not work for me if I have enable or SSH password enabled when I try to start an SSH session. 

If I SSH to the box "terminal monitor" immediately is run even though I am not in enablement mode so it does nothing. So to make this work I would need to enable, apply my enable password all though autocommand, which is not secure and not usable.