cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote desktop and java

reinke
Level 1
Level 1

I connect to a ciscoworks management via microsoft remote desktop (rdp). When I start ciscoworks via this connection, ciscoworks stops loading with the java check. Therefore, I cannot login. Starting ciscoworks localy, everything is fine.

Remark: RDP Client is running the right java version.

Can someone give me a helping hand.

Thanks

Edgar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Edgar,

If you are using RDP to connect to the CW2K server, then you will need to ensure the CW2K server not only meets the requirements as a server, but also as a client. If you are starting the IE instance on the server, then it really doesn't matter what version of java you have on your local machine.

Because I use a Mac Powerbook day-to-day, I use this method to administer our CW2k implementation. Just ensure you are waiting long enough for all the java applets to load.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Edgar,

If you are using RDP to connect to the CW2K server, then you will need to ensure the CW2K server not only meets the requirements as a server, but also as a client. If you are starting the IE instance on the server, then it really doesn't matter what version of java you have on your local machine.

Because I use a Mac Powerbook day-to-day, I use this method to administer our CW2k implementation. Just ensure you are waiting long enough for all the java applets to load.