cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

REST API on CSR1000v (Amazon EC2 Hosted)

RON ROYSTON
Level 1
Level 1

I setup an unlicensed (BYOD) CSR1000v on AWS per the steps I outlined on Deploying Cisco CSR1000v on an AWS EC2 Instance.  I configured the REST api per Cisco CSR 1000v Series Cloud Services Router Software Configuration Guide's Configuring Support for Management Using the REST API chapter.  The REST api is up/up per the show command.  user cisco password cisco priv level 15 is also configured.  Lastly, I opened the AWS firewall up to allow everything and can both ping my CSR1000v and can view it via my Web browser.

My issue is that I cannot get the REST api connection started.  It just times out.  Debug shows nothing.  Using CURL, and pasting in the example directly from Cisco IOS XE REST API Management Reference Guide's Introducing the IOS XE REST API chapter:

curl -v -X POST https://<my address>/api/v1/auth/token-services -H "Accept:application/json" -u "cisco:cisco" -d "" --insecure -3
1 Reply 1

RON ROYSTON
Level 1
Level 1

Actually just found 

The Cisco CSR 1000v Amazon Machine Image (AMI) does not support management of the router using the REST API.

on Cisco CSR 1000v Series Cloud Services Router Software Configuration Guide.  However, it was a real pleasure trying to get it up.  I especially enjoyed the part where show virtual-service detail say the REST Api was up/up.  ...Good times.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card