Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0: CORBA causing broadcasts on port 42342

marcjone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am receiving complaints from our FireWall team because they are seeing lots of broadcasts coming from the CiscoWorks server on UDP port 42342 i.e. The Osagent (CORBA)

I am not running Remote Syslog Analyzer Collector (RSAC), so I am not sure why these broadcasts are occuring, although I am running Syslog Analyzer on the server itself

Is this just normal behaviour from the server, or is there something I can do stop the broadcasts from within CiscoWorks ?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Kind regards

Marcus Jones

2 Replies 2

mfreeman451
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think there is anything you can do about it. There are some properties files you can poke around at though, but I wouldn't muck with anything. BTW CW is using the Borland Object Broker (orbvisi something..)

Hi Michael

I'm 100% certain it's using CORBA - There are many reference to it in the server files and debugs as well as processes such as RmeOrb and RmeGateKeeper ...

However, I tend to agree with you, I'm pretty sure that this is just normal server behaviour and that I won't be able to prevent the broadcasts unless I do something tricky ;)

Many thanks for your input though

Cheers

Marcus