Views
Helpful
Replies

RME not archiving some devices

parvs_cmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

IN RME it is showing some devices failed and giving following error"TELNET: failed to establish TELNET connection to 192.168.100.113 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. PRIMARY-STARTUP config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Unable to create a socket to /192.168.100.113". Plz help me out wht shld i do?? As it is not fetching configuration of some devices. sothat all device will be in archive.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the read-write community string is needed to do any kind of config fetch operation via SNMP.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To debug these kind of problems, you should enable ArchiveMgmt debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, then run your job again. Then look for errors in the dcmaservice.log. A sniffer trace filtering on all traffic to a failing device while the job runs is also a good thing to have.

For this particular error, you may also want to validate the credentials for your device are correct in DCR by exporting the DCR record for the device to a CSV file.

Hi clarke, as u have said that i have to export DCR record for that devices... So plz tell meHow i can export DCR record for the devices as i can validate the credentials for your devices. Because as i m seeing the log but i m not getting through that logs as i am attaching that file(13 nov logs) also i have run job only for failed devices. so plz check it

thanks

It looks like you're missing the telnet password for this device. Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management then export the DCR contents for this device. Chances are the password field is blank. Just add a password to DCR for this device, and you should be okay.

Hi clarke, thnx for remedy, just for one device there was no pwd but beside that device devices has pwd. When i enter pwd for that device than it fetches only running configuration while start up configuration has not fetched up bu CW. it is giving error"TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 192.168.100.113 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. PRIMARY-STARTUP config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Unable to create a socket to /192.168.100.113 "... plz tell me further remedy.

thanks

Based on the information you have provided, I cannot help further. The log indicates a failed telnet login. Check to make sure you have entered the correct password in DCR. Use the RME Device Credential Verification report under RME > Devices > Device Management to make sure the password is correct. Also, get a sniffer trace of all telnet traffic to the device in question while performing the sync archive job. You should be able to learn more from that.

Based on the information you have provided, I cannot help further. The log indicates a failed telnet login. Check to make sure you have entered the correct password in DCR. Use the RME Device Credential Verification report under RME > Devices > Device Management to make sure the password is correct. Also, get a sniffer trace of all telnet traffic to the device in question while performing the sync archive job. You should be able to learn more from that.

HI clarke, is it necessary To provide RW snmp string for fetching start up conf?

thanks

Yes, the read-write community string is needed to do any kind of config fetch operation via SNMP.