cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME out-of-sync and excluded commands

edgar.reinke
Level 1
Level 1

The RME (Config Archive Management)of our LMS3.0 installation reports a lot of out-of-sync devices.

Most of same are based on <no scheduler allocated>, <terminal length> etc. which is not really important for us to see. Therefore, we have excluded the related commands from the checks.

Here are my questions:

- How can I exclude the content of a self-signed certificate (which is per default only included in the running-config ... and not in the startup-config)?

- Recently, we are using round about 10 commands in the command exclude table for all routers. If we past in a new command, this command is removed from the list when we later come back to this table. I did not find any information that the content of this table is restricted ...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Edgar

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Self-signed certificates will be automatically excluded if the device supports the command "show running brief" and you are fetching the config via telnet or SSH. If you are fetching the config via TFTP, the whole running config will be fetched, and the certs cannot be excluded. There is an RME bug for this that is being looked at for RME 4.2.

The limit is actually arbitrary, and should be increased. The table schema limits the string length of one exclude set to 192 characters.

Thanks, excellent answer. I have to test this. We are running RME 4.1.

The funny thing about the table schema is, that the inserted command will be removed automatically (as I have mentioned in my question), but it is still working: The command is not checked any longer.