Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCP related query

Hi all,

Here is a query about SCP tools. So our company decides to copy the upgrade ios through SCP. I have no idea about this. Is this a specific or physical server that is installed in the production network or is it like the TFTP server? And please give some idea about how to upgrade the ios to the network device through this tool. 

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- scp is just a native command on ios to copy files (and or images) ; use scp ? for help (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Please can you help me out with how to upgrade the ios through this tool? In TFTP we download the file and save in local pc. Then through TFTP, we upload the ios file into devices. Here is it the same process. Suggest 

You seem to think that SCP is some kind of tool. It is not a tool. It is a protocol for transferring data securely, much like FTP is another protocol for transferring data securely, and TFTP is a protocol for transferring data not securely. I am not clear what was the decision process for your company to choose SCP for transferring the upgrade files. But the process would be what you describe: provision a server that supports the SCP protocol, get the upgrade file onto the server, from the server load the upgrade file to the local device. Process is exactly the same as for TFTP except the transfer protocol is different.

HTH

Rick