cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scrolling up on a Cisco sh run

rockcallahan68
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can offer some advice on how to scroll up on a cisco sh run (ssh from putty).

An example is if I am checking BGP peers by name and I am looking to get the IP, I can do sh run then /peername. This will bring me to the line underneath the one which lists the IP, but anything I click at this point either scrolls down, exits the sh run, or just scrolls up my actual terminal past the bit where I requested the sh run (rather than scrolling within the sh run). I know I can get this info in other ways, but the lack of being able to scroll up is really frustrating. Am I missing something, is this putty weirdness, or did Cisco just not add the ability to scroll up?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- At least Cisco does not offer support for it , possibilities will depend on the terminal software type being used ,  

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

can you post a screenshot ?

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @rockcallahan68 ,

putty is not one of the best terminal software out there. I remember using it in the past and having similar problems like you describe. I moved to SecureCRT.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***