cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SEND ALL MESSAGES TO SYSLOG SERVER

gurcanbasural
Level 1
Level 1

HI, I WANT SEE ALL INFORMATIONS THAT WHO CONNECT TO ROUTER OR SWITCH AND  WHICH COMMAND USE DURING CONNECTION, AT THE SYSLOG SERVER. FOR EXAMPLE :"SH RUN", "SH INT FA0/0", "ENABLE", "CONF T".....

HOW CAN I DO THAT?

THX

5 Replies 5

OLOF SAMUELSSON
Level 1
Level 1

One way to accomplish that would be to setup the device to run accounting via Tacacs to an ACS server that then logs the Tacacs+ accounting and administration log to your syslog server.  Ther may be other, better, ways to accomplish that I'm not aware of, though.

/Olof

logging userinfo

Thanks, that was useful (and new) to me.  Does not log each command,

but otherwise a very efficiant solution.

Thanks,

Olof

HI,

I used that config over my routers

HI,

I used that config over my routers

logging buffered 4096 informatinal

logging trap 5

archive--->for take config changes to syslog server

log config

logging enable

logging size 200

notify syslog

hidekeys

!

logging origin-id hostname

logging 10.10.1.119

logging 128.1.14.193

logging source-interface FastEthernet0/0.10

I see log messages on syslog server, but ı want see also failed authentications on syslog server,

I think I have to use these conmmands

login block-for 60 attempts 3 within 60

login delay 1

login on-failure log every 3

login on-success log

but these commands do not support on my routers, I use "c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-11.T4.bin"

Which IOS does support these commands?

THX

Gürcan Başural

Assistant Manager

IT Systems and Network Management Department

IT and Operations Division

T. +90 212 225 0500 - 1308 F. +90 212 225 0526

@. gbasural@atbank.com.tr W. http://www.atbank.com.tr

Bu e-posta ve muhtemel eklerinde verilen bilgiler kişiye özel ve gizli olup, yalnızca mesajda belirlenen alıcı ile ilgilidir. Bu mesajda bulunan tüm fikir ve görüşler ve ekindeki dosyalar sadece adres sahip(ler)ine ait olup, Arap Türk Bankası A.Ş. hiçbir şekilde sorumlu tutulamaz. Şirketimiz mesajın ve bilgilerinin size değişikliğe uğrayarak veya geç ulaşmasından, bütünlüğünün ve gizliliğinin korunamamasından, virüs içermesinden ve bilgisayar sisteminize verebileceği herhangi bir zarardan sorumlu tutulamaz.

This message and attachments are confidential and intended solely for the individual(s) stated in this message. This e-mail is not intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding obligation upon Arap Türk Bankası A.Ş. and/or any of its subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither Arap Türk Bankası A.Ş. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this e-mail. Arap Türk Bankası A.Ş. shall not be held liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in this e-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do anything in reliance upon it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: