Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 - 52 Port Gigabit managed switch

jaustriaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Just asking a question regarding capabilities of my SG300. 1st how do i check if my switch is capable of the 802.1q protocol?

scenario: I had a Ubiquiti Access Point with controller installed. I have an issue when I setup a guest ssid using guest/hotspot captive portal that will redirect to opening a browser and entering the voucher code.

current setup: Core (SG300) trunk (all vlans) directly to Ubiquiti Access Point. 

I have no issue on WPA and Radius setup. Just this quest ssid with captive portal set up. It will not redirecting to the browser that will use a voucher code.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

You can see this information on the device datasheet.

Support for up to 4096 VLANs simultaneously Port-based and 802.1Q tag-based VLANs MAC-based VLAN

About the Ubiquit,  check DNS resolution

This can cause problem with redirect.

jaustriaco
Level 1
Level 1

You have a guide to check about DNS of ubiquiti? DO you mean the network per AP device?

Hello,

to be honest, I am not clear on how the SG trunking (or not) capability is related to what you describe is happening with the Ubiquiti AP. Can you describe that issue more in detail, and post some screenshots ?

jaustriaco
Level 1
Level 1

HI @Georg Pauwen  

My issue is that SG300 is not compatible when configuring guest (hotspot - captive portal) on ubiquiti controller. But may other setup like WPA or Radius authentication is working. 

My thinking and also i've research it on ubiquiti community that I need to use a ubiquiti switch.

setup: Ubiquiti Access Point directly connected to core switch (SG300) trunk mode (all vlans)

for my issue this will be a setup i think: Ubiquiti Access Point connected to Ubiquiti switch (USG) and directly connected to core switch ( SG300)

Please see image also for your reference.GUEST WIFI- USG.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card