Views
Helpful
Replies

Shaping Policies

andre.lino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It is possible through EEM/TCL Scripting, to apply different policies for traffic shaping for certain periods of time?

Having for example an Internet connection of 100Mb, when the LAN interface is achieving 100Mb, apply a policy permitting shaping plus 5% bandwidth in WAN connection for 5 minutes and then returning to the policy initially limited to 100Mb.

Something like this:

policy-map Shapping_100Mb

class class-default

shape average 100000000

policy-map Shapping_105Mb

class class-default

shape average 105000000

When the LAN interface hasn´t reached 100Mb, apply the Shapping_100Mb policy on the WAN interface.

When the LAN interface has reached 100 Mb, apply the Shapping_105Mb policy on the WAN interface for 5 minutes, and then return to the previous policy.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

2 Replies 2

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Simlpy - yes, but you will have to do some realy digging for the actual settings. 

You will have to monitor the interface TX & RX packets in a specific time period and I suspect convert them to value you are checking for in the script.  Once the condition is met - a simple config change of applying the policy to the interface.

the same would be said to remove it - I have seen something like this done before, I suggest you use your favorite search engine and start searching......

HTH>

Ok, thanks Andrew.