cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP interface counters

ppalmerjr
Level 1
Level 1

I have Nagios monitoring all Cisco interfaces in our infrastructure for errors and have some existing switch interfaces that had errors.  So, Nagios did as expected and warned on these errors.  Since the errors were not incrementing, I went into the switch and cleared counters thinking the next time that Nagios querired (via SNMP) that the errors would reflect what the interface now shows...which is 0.  Well that's not the case....it seems that the SNMP counters and the interface errors have separate counters.  I can't find a way to clear the SNMP stats other than a reboot.

I researched and so far everything I read says you cannot clear the SNMP counters other than a reboot.  Is that really true???  I find it hard to believe that I can't issue a command to reset the SNMP counters.  This causes a big issue for my Nagios plan of monitoring.

Any input greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It is really true

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It is really true

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !