Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID for WAN Bandwidth

Emiliano Luca
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

i was  looking a way to get via SNMP the "real Bandwidth" for large number of  WAN CPEs. I don't need to know the load but the max available transmit rate .

I had a look at CEs config and noticed that ISP does not use "bandwidth xxxx" command  in WAN interface configuration that will be easy to get via SNMP, but  due to the fact in many cases it involves shaped links on Fast or Giga interfaces and to reserve 9Kbps for telnet and ssh for management pourpose they always configure a policy-map and COS.

For exaples a 20 Mbit link has a FastEthernet as phisical interface on router limited to 20 Mbps with a COS/policy-map (see examples below about a 20Mbit )

Is there a MIB/OID  to get the "shape average" value for show  running or  "cir"  for  show policy-map  commands?

Could anyone link me the right one ?

Is there any other method to get the real bandwidth value for WAN interfaces ?

Thank you in advance for help

ROUTER A (20Mbit link)

OUTPUT from "show running" on ISP CE

policy-map BLAHBLAH
 class ce_ef_input
 class ce_af4_input
 class class-default
 kadhakdhkasd
 alkdsaldjalj
 shape average 19800000 198000
!

OUTPUT from "show policy-map" on ISP CE

policy-map BLAHBLAH

blah blah blah

blah blah blah
Class class-default
Average Rate Traffic Shaping
cir 19800000 (bps) bc 198000 (bits)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luijimen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Emiliano,

It appears the info you are looking for is related to QoS configuration. The QoS info is provided by the CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166).

This is a very large MIB with several tables that contain various pieces of the config. I would recommend running a complete Walk on this MIB and try to look into the results for any value reported that matches the "shape average" value you are looking for (i.e. 19800000).

This should point to the proper OID that provides the info you are looking for.

Luis

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

luijimen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Emiliano,

It appears the info you are looking for is related to QoS configuration. The QoS info is provided by the CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166).

This is a very large MIB with several tables that contain various pieces of the config. I would recommend running a complete Walk on this MIB and try to look into the results for any value reported that matches the "shape average" value you are looking for (i.e. 19800000).

This should point to the proper OID that provides the info you are looking for.

Luis

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card