Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP-question Prime 2.0x

martin.podvorec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am wondering if it's possible to build a template that I can deploy to x-number of switches that would insert a value in a specific field in the snmp-location string.

Our current snmp-server location string looks like this.

core-city-streetname/more specific information about the location of the switch. For example:

got-gothenburg-vasag32/level2/room58/standAB01

Now I would like to with the help of Prime 2.0 insert a value like this,(see the red text):

got-gothenburg-vasag32-512/level2/room58/standAB01

Is this possible? and if it is how would I do it?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Martin,

this feature is called  "BASELINE TEMPLATE " ,which is availble in LMS .however in PI  ,it is not supported yet.

In future we may have equvialent support availble in PI as well.

check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/guide_c07-729089.html

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

*****Ratings Encourages Contributors *****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

go to Desing >feature design > My tempate

create a new tempalte with the CLI command " got-gothenburg-vasag32-512/level2/room58/standAB01"

and then Depoy it..

this should help

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I must admit I was a bit unclear about what I wanted.

Your suggestion would work for switches that I am certain that they should have that snmp location string.

I was more after a way to make Prime search/scan the current snmp location string of a switch or several switches and if Prime would find the right value say it begins like:

got-gothenburg-vasag32

If it does then insert value -512 after:

got-gothenburg-vasag32-512

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

this feature is called  "BASELINE TEMPLATE " ,which is availble in LMS .however in PI  ,it is not supported yet.

In future we may have equvialent support availble in PI as well.

check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/guide_c07-729089.html

Thanks-

Afroz

*****Ratings Encourages Contributors *****

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco